Thursday, August 20, 2009

~Trundle Bed Frame Pumpkin Trellis~

I had this extra metal trundle bed under my sons bed! It had no matress and was taking up space. Instead of taking it to the dump, I decided to use it in my Garden as a trellis! So I cleared a space in an exsisting raised garden bed and got to work. I secured the trellis to the chain link fence with strong wire ties. Once that was done, I had to decide what to grow. Ive seen people grow Pumpkins up, so I thought I would give it a try.
Here is the Pumpkins I started from seed. Here they are to the right a few weeks later. As they started to grow into my yard, I took the vines and weaved them in and around the trellis.
Here's what it looks like now. As the pumkins grow they will hang and be perfectly round. Great for carving and making Pumpkin pie.
Here's my first pumpkin! I have a few more that are starting to grow.
Happy Recycling!

1 comment: