Sunday, September 20, 2009

~Eco Monday Tip~

Egg Cartons!

Egg cartons and their many uses! I always keep the cartons my eggs come in. The uses for them are endless.
You can start seedlings in them. Use them to hold fresh eggs from your chickens. They can be used for crafts, holders when dying easter eggs, fire starters or sorting nuts and bolts in large tool boxes.


~Seedling Pots~
Poke small hole in bottom of each egg cup (for drainage).

Fill each egg cup ¾ full with potting soil.

Plant a seed in each egg cup.

Water, put in sunny window ; continue to water when dry. Watch plants grow! (They will need to be transplanted to the garden or bigger pots when they outgrow their pots.)


~Fire starters~
Fill the paper egg cartons with dryer lint.

 Pore melted wax over the lint.

You can tear apart the sections and use for fire starters when you are camping, or in your fire place.

 I use left over candle pieces for the melted wax. You could also use old crayons.

~Egg Carton Ladybugs~

Heres something I saw on the internet that I thought would be cute to make with your lil ones! It looks like a fun craft for when spring arrives!


From what I can see from the picture, All you would need is paint,Fuzzy craft balls, pipe cleaners & googly eyes! I love all the differnt colors. You can even make these and put them in your lil ones Easter Baskets. How cute would they look in the baskets of grass.

~Halloween~

Heres a cute idea for Halloween to do with the kiddos also!


If you are feeling really strongly about the Triple R's, you can build your own furniture! I found this picture while doing research on the internet. I thought it was pretty cool.

Happy Recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment