Sunday, July 18, 2010

~Eco Monday~

 Garden season is in full swing for me! I have been neglecting My Recycling Gardener blog lately. Its been about a month since I have posted anything. I have been busy posting garden updates and food pictures on my other blog. I thought what better way then to come back with an Eco Monday project.

Using left over wood, Old Wire  and a little bit of paint,  my Grandma has made some adorable garden signs for me to place throughout my garden.

She used some wood with some white wash paint and gave the wood a distressed look. Which I love!


This welcome sign is at the enterance of my garden. I hung it on a shepheards hook. Placed between my Tomato's and Corn. I took this picture at night because I was so excitied I had to hang at least one.



I love the way they look. Almost Antique.



Its such an easy project. All you need is some wood, wire, paint and a little imagination.

Do you make homemade signs for your garden?
If so, what do you make yours from?

Happy Recycling!!!



12 comments:

  1. Hey Jenn, Another beautiful recycling idea from you! Thanks for sharing many recycling ideas. Today I write about recycling too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I have just stumbled accross your blog and love all the recycling ideas. It would be really cool if you could check out my blog as well

    http://edconway88.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/hello-world/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recycling prevents habitat destruction, loss of biodiversity, and soil erosion associated with logging and mining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are fabulous! I make all my own garden art...my signs are out of old barn wood!
    I have been following your cooking blog for a while...but now I am following this one too! I love it! you should consider linking in to join the Fertilizer Friday party...you don't have to fertilize or have current photos...the guidelines are posted at the top of each Friday's post!
    I'm glad to have found you on gardenchat and on twitter too!!! your posts always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for posting about the different ways you recycle. helps to have different ideas out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the old drawers. Perfect for growing herbs and lettuce. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gardening and recycling are both concepts that we must encourage so that there is less pollution on earth.The trees are being cut and the earth is full of air and land and water pollutants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I've been looking for a sign idea for a garden I'm working on. How did you get the antique look with the paint? Did you have to water it down with water?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great signs. I love the distressed look. I did this with an old window frame that I turned into a picture frame.

    Dani @ ONNO Organic Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your recycled signs look very retro! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there what lovely signs. Yes I also make my own recycled signs. I use the plastic of empty 2l ice cream containers. I paint them diffrent colours and write whatever cute sayings I like using 'transfer letters'. They look so awsome in the garden and give the environment a homey feel. I hope everyone gets a chance to try out this awsome idea.!

    ReplyDelete