Monday, June 14, 2010

~ Eco Monday~


 Growing Vegtables, Flowers and Herbs can be fun! Especially when you find things around the house to grow them in! A fun way to incorporate a Reuse and Recycle what you have at home. Here are a few things im using in my recycling garden.


This year I have used 4 tires to grow some tomatos on the outside of my garden. This way I have a little more room inside my garden for other veggies. Just fill the tires with organic soil and plant away! Its not pretty but it works.


You can also use baskets as planters. I added a plastic bag inside with rocks on the bottom to help with drainage. The plastic helps to keep your basket from rotting and falling apart. Im growing peppers and nasturtiums in this basket.


This is a candle holder that I used to use in the house. I dropped it and the bottom broke out. I barried it in the dirt about a half inch and am growing some Oregano in it. Adds a little color to my eggplant and shallots garden bed.


Everyone has collections of tea pots! Im using this old teapot as a planter for my spicy basil. I will sit this on our patio table. We eat out there alot in the summer. This way we can easily pinch off fresh herbs and toss em on our food.


This is a much bigger container! It was the top of a bar from a tavern that did some remodeling. Hubby brought it home for me to use as a planter.
 Tomatos and scallions are growing in this one.

What things do you use in your garden?

Happy Recycling!!!

2 comments:

  1. I cut up old t-shirts into strips and use them like garden twine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, love the site! Keep up the good work, and if yo have the time, feel free to check out our recycled glasses initiative. http://prn.to/qUxNP0

    Best,
    The MoralEyes Team

    ReplyDelete